Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hats

So I know this color thing is redundant now, and there really isn't a story behind this post, but I thought I would share anyway.
It's very common to see big tour groups in Israel, especially in Jerusalem -specifically in the Old City. Another common characteristic is that the tour company tends to make the participants wear something conspicuous so the tour guides have an easy time finding their tourists. It is usually a bright-colored hat, a noticiable t-shirt, or something else a little embarrassing, but nothing particularly noteworthy. This time however, when I went to the Old City, I smirked at a herd of Asian tourists (as if that doesn't make them stand out in the first place) wearing big cowboy hats. Big purple cowboy hats. At first I was reluctant to take pictures, but then convinced myself that nothing could be as embarrassing as dressing like these people in the middle of Jerusalem.

(click pictures to enlarge)

2 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

Hmmm... Wonder if this means that the fashion police are also busy with disengagement-related activities. I see no other explanation for allowing a group of people to walk around in those hats.

7/26/2005 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

haha true

7/26/2005 08:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home