Saturday, May 13, 2006

A.B. Yehoshua

Click on the link below to read his explanation of what he said at the AJC conference. And I would have to say, I agree with him.

"What I sought to explain to my American hosts, in overly blunt and harsh language perhaps, is that, for me, Jewish values are not located in a fancy spice box that is only opened to release its pleasing fragrance on Shabbat and holidays, but in the daily reality of dozens of problems through which Jewish values are shaped and defined, for better or worse. A religious Israeli Jew also deals with a depth and breadth of life issues that is incomparably larger and more substantial than those with which his religious counterpart in New York or Antwerp must contend."

The link: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArtVty.jhtml?sw=yehoshua&itemNo=715028

Really, read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home