Sunday, October 16, 2005

Boogie-Board/ Peanuts

Saturday was my birthday. I was fortunate because I got to spend it with Liat and my family. But more importantly, I got to spend it at the beach.

First off, Liat and I went to a beach to boogie-board. It was nice. It's something I haven't done since I was 15 and in Mexico. It was even more special because it was in the Jewish State and I've always wanted to combine my Zionist fervor with boogie-boarding.

Picture:

Following a couple hours at the beach we ran across a large field. At first glance you might think it's a field filled with foreign workers just doing their jobs:

But you might ask yourself "why do the foreign workers look like 6 year old children with their parents?"

So we went over to ask someone what was going on and he told us that it was a peanut farm and that people were picking up the left-over peanuts that the machines didn't pick up. Also known as gleaning.


Our nuts:

Then I took my Sukkot surprises home and honey-roasted them:


And that's it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shmuls said...

Hey, happy birthday!! Sounds like great fun, where was the peanut farm? Anyway, you might want to start using word verification to stop all this junk. Either way, great blog, and happy birthday!!

10/24/2005 08:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home